- Monterey Friday Notebook
- Mazda Ends Friday on Top in Monterey
- Burkett Takes CJ Wilson Porsche to CTSC Pole at Monterey
- Monterey Lamborghini ST Weekend Notebook
- Mazda 1-2 in Opening Practice at Monterey
- Visit Florida Targeting 24H Le Mans Effort
- Sanna (Lamborghini): “The Target is to Increase Step by Step”
- Monterey Thursday Notebook
- McQuarrie Tops Thursday CTSC Practice in Monterey
- Corvette, Porsche Battle Set to Resume in Monterey
Camaro Debut Delayed, Reiter Opts for Gallardo for Monza
- Updated: April 11, 2014
The team ran the Camaro during the ADAC GT Masters test at Oschersleben earlier this week, where the car suffered an engine problem. In order not to jeopardize the entry of the car in the ADAC GT Masters season opener in two weeks Reiter decided to replace the Camaro with one of its Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3 in Monza.
“We discovered the error and must now concentrate on preparing the SaReNi Camaro GT3 for the start of the ADAC GT MASTERS season at Oschersleben in two weeks,” Hans Reiter said.
“The Blancpain Endurance Series race at Monza would have been the perfect warm-up for the SaReNi Camaro. However, due to the embarrassing mistake at Oschersleben we are now running out of time.”
As inititally planned Peter Kox, Tomas Enge and Albert von Thurn und Taxis will race the Lamborghini at Monza.
“The Reiter Gallardo should demonstrate at Monza that it is better on high-speed circuits than it was in 2013,” added Reiter.
The Camaro GT3 is now set for a Blancpain Endurance Series debut at the Paul Ricard round in June.