- Report: Tucker Arrested by FBI over Payday Lending
- News & Notes Roundup: 2.10
- SHANK: Journey to Le Mans, Pt. 1
- Pericak (Ford): “The Ford GT Had to be a Global Effort”
- VIDEO: Quad Amputee Sausset Turns First Laps in Morgan LMP2
- OAK Confirms Two-Car Ligier JS P3 Lineup
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Kenton Koch
- Q&A With ACO President Pierre Fillon
- Double Stint, Episode 2 (Feb. 9, 2016)
- Kaffer, Trummer Return to ByKolles
Multimatic, Miller Racing Join Forces for Mustang GS Program
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Multimatic Motorsports and Miller Racing will join forces for a two-car program in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge next year.
The Toronto-based organization, which campaigned a brace of Aston Martin Vantage GT4s over the past two seasons, will switch back to the Mustang Boss 302R prior to a debut for the new-for-2015 Mustang that’s rumored to come as early as late next year.
The legacy of Miller Racing team owner Roger Miller will live on, with longtime co-driver Ian James set to pilot the No. 158 Mustang with Billy Johnson, who moves over from Roush Racing.
Multimatic team veteran Scott Maxwell, meanwhile, will team with Jade Buford in the No. 15 car.
“We are extremely happy to be back in the Ford camp running the Boss 302Rs that Multimatic originally engineered and built,” said Larry Holt, Team Principal of Multimatic Motorsports.
“The stars have realigned and, with a new Mustang coming for 2015, the future looks very bright for Ford Racing in the Continental series.
“Our new partnership with Miller Racing is a great way to strengthen the campaign and keep Roger’s No. 158 Mustang out front. The teaming of Ian and Billy in that car will be a formidable combination.”
Miller, the son of the late founder of Miller Motorsports Park, Larry H. Miller, died last August, leaving his team, run at the time by Dempsey Racing, in the hands of wife Cheri and James.
“We were looking for a way to continue Roger’s legacy in racing, and this partnership among Miller Racing, Multimatic Motorsports and Ford Racing is the perfect solution,” she said.