- Pla Quickest in Night Practice at Road Atlanta
- Road Atlanta Thursday Notebook
- Road Atlanta CTSC Weekend Notebook
- Maxwell Takes Pole for CTSC at Road Atlanta
- Negri Quickest in Practice 2
- Continental Tire to Present Extreme Spirit Award at IMSA Banquets
- Pla Tops Opening Practice at Road Atlanta
- Panoz Targeting to Race New Esperante Avezzano
- Hindman Quickest Again in CTSC Practice 2 at Road Atlanta
- Audi Unveils RS 3 LMS Car for TCR
Alex Brundle Joins OAK for NAEC
- Updated: February 10, 2014
Although he raced with another team at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Alex Brundle will return to the familiar black-and-pink colors of OAK Racing for the remainder of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup.
Brundle raced for OAK in the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship, and raced this year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 in the Oreca 03 Nissan fielded by Muscle Milk Pickett Racing.
He’ll join Gustavo Yacaman and other drivers to be named later in the No. 42 OAK Morgan Nissan starting later this month with testing at the upcoming Winter Test at Sebring, Feb. 20-21.
The young Englishman was confirmed for the remaining NAEC rounds at Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. He’ll also race for the team at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in May.
“I’m so happy to continue my strong relationship with OAK Racing,” Brundle said. “At Daytona it was easy to see the strength and depth of today’s American sports car scene and I was determined to race there as part of my 2014 program, especially in the endurance events. My thanks to the team for including me in their driver lineup in a very competitive car.”
OAK Racing president Jacques Nicolet is pleased to retain Brundle for another season.
“I’m delighted to welcome Alex back to OAK Racing,” Nicolet said. “We began working together in 2012 and our relationship has kept getting stronger and stronger as time has passed. I like the guy very much. His excellent sense of team spirit helped him fit in at OAK without problems.”
OAK is yet to reveal its WEC program, although that will be identified later this week when Le Mans and full-season WEC entrants are announced.