- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
- SIN, Sofia Car Motorsport Confirmed in GT4 Series Return
- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
Cameron, Action Express Lead Opening Hour at Sebring
- Updated: March 18, 2017
Dane Cameron leads the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring after the first hour, capitalizing on pit lane miscues from the pole-sitting Rebellion Racing entry.
Cameron and the No. 31 Action Express Racing DPi-V.R leapfrogged Neel Jani in the No. 13 Oreca 07 Gibson after the first round of pitstops which saw the Rebellion team suffer a slow stop and receive a drive-through penalty for an improperly manner fire bottle.
Christian Fittipaldi runs second in the sister Action Express entry with the Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac up to third with Ricky Taylor behind the wheel.
Dirk Mueller leads GT Le Mans in the No. 67 Ford GT for Ford Chip Ganassi Racing, while Connor De Phillippi showing the way in GT Daytona for Land Motorsport in his Audi R8 LMS.
Problems hit the pole sitters in both GT classes before the race even began.
In GT Le Mans, the No. 67 Ford GT encountered an unspecified mechanical issue on the grid and missed the formation lap, forcing the car to start at the back of the GT field and serve a drive-through penalty.
The Tristan Vautier-driven SunEnergy1 Mercedes-AMG GT3 also was forced to the back of the GT field and issued a drive through for a fuel-cell related violation.
Issues have also materialized for the defending race winners in the No. 2 Tequila Patron ESM Nissan Onroak DPi and the No. 24 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM.
Pipo Derani made multiple pit stops in the ESM machine, which has gone behind the wall with issues, a likely recurrence of the overboost problem that has plagued the team throughout the weekend.
Meanwhile, the No. 24 BMW made a visit to the garage after suffering a reported major vibration but has since returned.