- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
- SIN, Sofia Car Motorsport Confirmed in GT4 Series Return
- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
Conway, Albuquerque Join Action Express for Rolex 24
- Updated: December 12, 2016
Mike Conway and Filipe Albuquerque will complete Action Express Racing’s seven-driver lineup for next month’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, along with previously-announced Seb Morris.
Toyota Gazoo Racing factory LMP1 driver Conway makes his debut at the Rolex 24, and the Brit will join full-season drivers and reigning IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Prototype class champions Eric Curran and Dane Cameron in the No. 31 Cadillac DPi-V.R for the Floridian endurance race.
They will also be joined by Sunoco Whelen Challenge winner and British GT Championship regular Seb Morris, who was announced in October.
“We’re looking forward to having Mike and Seb drive the No. 31 Whelen Cadillac Prototype at Daytona,” said Gary Nelson, Action Express Racing team manager.
“Although we haven’t worked with Mike before, we’re familiar with his background and experience, as well as all his accomplishments. Seb is a talented young driver and we’re excited to have him as part of our program at Daytona.”
In addition, Albuquerque returns to the team alongside full-season drivers Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi in the No. 5 car, having competed in a similar role at Daytona in 2016.
This will be the Portuguese driver’s fifth consecutive start in the race, and in 2016 he finished second in the FIA World Endurance Championship LMP2 standings with RGR Sport.
“Filipe was with us last season at Daytona and we’re happy to have him back in 2017,” added Nelson. “We developed a strong relationship with Filipe a year ago, and he was a very good teammate to Joao and Christian.
“He was an asset to our Daytona program and we expect him to again be an important part of our efforts at Daytona this year.”
All drivers will test the team’s two Cadillac DPi-V.Rs in the December Test at Daytona International Speedway starting Tuesday.