- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
- SIN, Sofia Car Motorsport Confirmed in GT4 Series Return
- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
Curran Spins Out of Lead in Hour 3
- Updated: March 18, 2017
Eric Curran has spun out of the lead, with issues for the No. 31 Action Express Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R in the third hour of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Contact between Curran’s contact and the No. 22 Tequila Patron ESM Nissan Onroak DPi of Johannes van Overbeek resulted in both cars getting turned around in Turn 17 and the defending IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Champion unable to re-fire his Cadillac.
It’s resulted in the race’s second full-course caution of the race to retrieve the stricken Cadillac.
Teammate Filipe Albuquerque now leads in the No. 5 Cadillac, with Alex Lynn second in the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac and the No. 85 JDC-Miller Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson of Misha Goikhberg moving into third.
A starter motor issue for the No. 13 Rebellion Racing Oreca Gibson put Neel Jani two laps down early in the third hour, after charging back to third following a pit lane penalty.
The No. 66 Ford GT of Sebastien Bourdais leads GT Le Mans, with the No. 33 AMG Team Riley Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Jeroen Bleekemolen out front in GT Daytona.
Kyle Masson, meanwhile, paces Prototype Challenge in the No. 38 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09.
Water temperature issues for the No. 4 Corvette C7.R, which went behind the wall in the second hour, has ended in the first retirement of the race, while the No. 2 Tequila Patron ESM Nissan is also behind the wall with boost issues.
The No. 70 Mazda RT24-P, which suffered a heavy crash in the hands of Joel Miller after brake failure, meanwhile, has returned to action, 40 laps behind.