- Visit Florida Targeting 24H Le Mans Effort
- Sanna (Lamborghini): “The Target is to Increase Step by Step”
- Monterey Thursday Notebook
- McQuarrie Tops Thursday CTSC Practice in Monterey
- Corvette, Porsche Battle Set to Resume in Monterey
- Bradley, Howson to Defend 24H Le Mans LMP2 Win With KCMG
- Capacity Grid for Brands Hatch
- Inside the Production Line of Lamborghini’s Huracán Super Trofeo
- Stefan Wilson Set for Lamborghini ST Debut with GMG at Monterey
- VIDEO: Ducati Superbike vs. Audi R8 LMS at Monza
Davis Rejoins Dempsey Racing, Forms Partnership with Konrad
- Updated: January 2, 2014
Andrew Davis will contest the entire TUDOR United SportsCar Championship with Dempsey Racing, which has joined forces with Konrad Motorsport for its second Porsche 911 GT America entry.
Confirmation of the team’s two-car GT Daytona lineup was confirmed Thursday, ahead of this weekend’s Roar Before the Rolex 24.
Porsche veteran Davis will share the wheel of the No. 27 Porsche with team co-principal Patrick Dempsey, with Joe Foster and a to-be-announced fourth driver coming on board for the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Davis replaces Andy Lally, who had full-season rides in both ALMS and GRAND-AM last year and elected to remain with Magnus Racing for 2014.
“I am absolutely thrilled to be driving with Patrick and Dempsey Racing,” Davis said. “The Dempsey Racing crew is comprised of some of the best personnel in the business and our new Porsche 911 GT America is going to be strong.”
Dempsey added: “Driving the full season with Andrew as my teammate is fantastic. He is truly one of the good guys in the paddock and we learned working with him last year that he is also one of the fastest on the track too, and very experienced in Porsches.”
The team’s No. 28 entry, meanwhile, will compete in a technical partnership with Konrad Motorsport. The German squad, regulars in Porsche Supercup and German Carrera Cup, had been the first reserve entry in GTD, which has since been withdrawn.
Christian Engelhart, Rolf Ineichen, Lance Willsey, Klaus Bachler and team owner Franz Konrad will drive the Dempsey/Konrad entry at the Rolex 24.
“Our technical partnership with Konrad Motorsport is an ideal situation for all of us,” Foster said. “They bring a strong amount of recent experience with this particular model of 911 GT race car and also have a great relationship on all levels with Porsche.”
Full-season co-drivers for the Dempsey/Konrad entry will be announced at a later date.