- Watts: “Being Out Has Made Me Feel More Comfortable With Myself”
- Wilson Completes Initial Test Ahead of Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Debut
- Franchitti Confirmed at Mazda for 12H Sebring
- Meyrick, Pattrick Join GT4 Series in Bullitt McLaren
- Aleshin Involved in Initial BR1 Development
- Young Driver Steps Down from Aston Martin WEC Program
- Porsche Confirms Bruni; Set for Mid-Season IMSA Effort
- Pier Guidi Confirmed as Bruni Replacement at Ferrari
- Racing Team Nederland Takes Delivery of Second Dallara LMP2
- Bihel Joins YMR Le Mans Cup Program
Davis Rejoins Dempsey Racing, Forms Partnership with Konrad
- Updated: January 2, 2014
Andrew Davis will contest the entire TUDOR United SportsCar Championship with Dempsey Racing, which has joined forces with Konrad Motorsport for its second Porsche 911 GT America entry.
Confirmation of the team’s two-car GT Daytona lineup was confirmed Thursday, ahead of this weekend’s Roar Before the Rolex 24.
Porsche veteran Davis will share the wheel of the No. 27 Porsche with team co-principal Patrick Dempsey, with Joe Foster and a to-be-announced fourth driver coming on board for the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Davis replaces Andy Lally, who had full-season rides in both ALMS and GRAND-AM last year and elected to remain with Magnus Racing for 2014.
“I am absolutely thrilled to be driving with Patrick and Dempsey Racing,” Davis said. “The Dempsey Racing crew is comprised of some of the best personnel in the business and our new Porsche 911 GT America is going to be strong.”
Dempsey added: “Driving the full season with Andrew as my teammate is fantastic. He is truly one of the good guys in the paddock and we learned working with him last year that he is also one of the fastest on the track too, and very experienced in Porsches.”
The team’s No. 28 entry, meanwhile, will compete in a technical partnership with Konrad Motorsport. The German squad, regulars in Porsche Supercup and German Carrera Cup, had been the first reserve entry in GTD, which has since been withdrawn.
Christian Engelhart, Rolf Ineichen, Lance Willsey, Klaus Bachler and team owner Franz Konrad will drive the Dempsey/Konrad entry at the Rolex 24.
“Our technical partnership with Konrad Motorsport is an ideal situation for all of us,” Foster said. “They bring a strong amount of recent experience with this particular model of 911 GT race car and also have a great relationship on all levels with Porsche.”
Full-season co-drivers for the Dempsey/Konrad entry will be announced at a later date.