- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
- Quaife, Case Confirmed in AF Corse Ferrari for Sprint Cup
- BMW Team France Confirms Two-Car Entry for GT4 Southern Cup
Giroix, Johansson to Join Frisselles in AXR Corvette DP for Daytona
- Updated: December 20, 2013
The lineup in Action Express Racing’s second Corvette DP for next month’s Rolex 24 is now set, with Fabien Giroix (pictured) and Stefan Johansson set to join brothers Burt and Brian Frisselle for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season-opener.
Giroix confirmed the driving squad to Endurance-Info.com Friday, which represents the joint effort between the FIA World Endurance Championship outfit Delta-ADR and the North Carolina-based AXR squad.
The two teams will run the No. 9 entry, which was initially slated to debut with generic Coyote bodywork designed and developed by Delta Motorsport.
“For a long time I wanted to take part in this legendary race but the opportunity had not yet arisen,” Giroix said. “This presence in Florida with Action Express Racing reinforces the image of Millennium in the Americas because of Delta Motorsport.”
Millennium Development fund will serve as the primary sponsor for Daytona, with the UAE-based firm set to bankroll Delta-ADR’s planned two-car Oreca 03 Nissan effort in the WEC next year.
One of the Oreca-Nissans, however, could begin its season at Sebring, according to Giroix.
“At the moment , only the 24 Hours of Daytona are confirmed but we aim to run the Oreca 03 at 12 Hours of Sebring,” he said. “We believe in our chances to win this race with the LMP2 car and it allows us to prepare the [FIA WEC] season. If we go to Sebring, it will certainly be with drivers that will run in the WEC.”
Giroix and Johansson, who are both Silver-graded drivers, are expected to anchor Delta-ADR’s lineup in the WEC next year, and will be evaluating other drivers in a test in Bahrain next month.
The No. 9 Action Express entry, which has been entered for the four-race Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup, will be joined by the team’s season-long Corvette DP for Joao Barbosa, Christian Fittipaldi and Sebastien Bourdais at Daytona.