- Postiglione Claims Race 1 Win in World Final
- Amstutz Takes World Final Am Race 1 Victory; Chouest Wins LB Cup
- Grids Set for Lamborghini World Final
- Sanna: “The World Final is Our Most Important Event of the Year”
- Fuji Weekend Notebook
- World Endurance Champions Crowned in Vienna
- WEC Champ Lieb Joins Competition Porsche Lineup for Bathurst 12H
- Pizzitola Scores 4H Fuji Pole
- Braun Leads Ryno Ginetta 1-2 in Qualifying at Thunderhill
- Algarve Pro Tops Asian LMS Practice at Fuji
Tagliani Joins RSR, Team Reveals Rolex 24 Lineup
- Updated: January 14, 2014
RSR Racing announced Tuesday the fourth and final full-season driver for its two-car Prototype Challenge effort in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, while also confirming its complete lineup for the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Veteran open-wheel pilot Alex Tagliani will rejoin the Paul Gentilozzi-led squad, teaming with 2013 PC class runner-up Chris Cumming in the No. 09 entry, with Bruno Junqueira and Duncan Ende completing the season-long lineup in the No. 08 car.
The 40-year-old Canadian is no stranger to RSR or the Gentilozzi family, having driven for the Michigan-based team in CART/Champ Car from 2003-04.
Since then, Tagliani has gone onto further success in IndyCar, including scoring pole for the 2011 Indianapolis 500 and more recently competing in the Rolex Sports Car Series in an AIM Autosport Ferrari.
“I am excited to work with so many familiar faces like Jeff Lohman, Paul, Bruno, Conor, and John and to participate at the Daytona 24 hour race with a competitive team and line-up,” Tagliani said.
Completing the lineup in the No. 09 entry for Daytona will be Rusty Mitchell and Mazda Road to Indy graduate Conor Daly, who will be making his sports car racing debut.
“I’m very excited to be headed to Daytona for the first time,” Daly said. “It will be a whole new experience for me and I’m ready to work with the team to learn from the guys around me to get up to speed quickly.”
RSR’s No. 08 Oreca FLM09, meanwhile, will see David Heinemeier Hansson and Gustavo Menezes complete the driving duties for the season-opener, as well as for the Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup races.
The team expands to a two-car operation for the first time this year following a pair of ALMS class victories for Junqueira and Ende in 2013.