- DeltaWing to Make Final Start at Daytona
- Road Atlanta Wednesday Notebook
- Hindman Tops CTSC Practice 1 at Road Atlanta
- ESM Switches Back to Dunlops
- Lynn Joins Manor in Returning Second Car for 6H Fuji
- Multimatic’s Johnson, Maxwell on Brink of CTSC Title
- Stevens to Sub for Rast at G-Drive for Fuji
- Continental Tire Keys to the Race: Petit Le Mans
- Johnson, Robinson to Defend British GT GT4 Title with Optimum
- NIELSEN: Spa Debrief
TRG Enters Two Aston Martins for GTD
- Updated: November 25, 2013
TRG-AMR is set to be on the grid next year as a two-car effort, having entered a pair of Aston Martin Vantage GT3s for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
The Kevin Buckler-led squad ordered a second FIA GT3-spec Vantage a few weeks ago and expects to have both cars for the annual Roar Before the Rolex 24 on Jan. 3-5.
“A two-car program is super important for us,” Buckler told Sportscar365. “It’s the way we function and the way we share and learn. The series would also love to see a couple of Astons on the track, as I’m sure the fans would too. We have an awful lot of Porsches [in the GTD class]. It’s important for the diversity.”
While the team’s driver lineup has yet to be announced, Buckler confirmed the first car has already been finalized, while he’s received a recent splurge of interest for the second Aston due to the possibility of some full-season entry requests being turned away.
“The last few days, with the combination of the testing and the fact that… I think the GTD class will be oversubscribed, that will take some of the single-car entries off the radar and won’t have a home,” he said. “Several of those people have been calling us in the last 24 hours, wondering what we’re doing.”
TRG tested James Davison, Kevin Estre and David Block at both the official TUDOR Championship tests at Sebring and Daytona last week, with the team having stayed in Florida for additional track time at the 3.7-mile airfield circuit this past weekend with a host of other prospective drivers.
Buckler anticipates driver announcements to come in the next two weeks.