- PHOTOS: Sebring Test Gallery
- Sebring Friday Notebook
- Taylor Ends Sebring Test On Top
- Montoya: “Time Will Tell” On Sports Car Future
- Wendl Named New Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Boss
- VIDEO: Michelin GTLM Track to Street Showdown
- Porsche Completes First Test With 2017-Spec 919 Hybrid
- P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Sebring Thursday Notebook
- Ford Planning Three-Car Effort for 12H Sebring
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.