- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
- VIDEO: VIR Practice Highlights
- VIR Friday Notebook
- Chase, Gottsacker Confirmed in TRG Porsche for COTA
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.