- Postiglione Claims Race 1 Win in World Final
- Amstutz Takes World Final Am Race 1 Victory; Chouest Wins LB Cup
- Grids Set for Lamborghini World Final
- Sanna: “The World Final is Our Most Important Event of the Year”
- Fuji Weekend Notebook
- World Endurance Champions Crowned in Vienna
- WEC Champ Lieb Joins Competition Porsche Lineup for Bathurst 12H
- Pizzitola Scores 4H Fuji Pole
- Braun Leads Ryno Ginetta 1-2 in Qualifying at Thunderhill
- Algarve Pro Tops Asian LMS Practice at Fuji
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.