- DragonSpeed Eyeing Rolex 24 Effort with Oreca 07
- Entry List Changes for Blancpain GT Finale at Barcelona
- Michelin GTLM Insider: Making History at Petit Le Mans
- Nielsen on Brink of History at Road Atlanta
- Tavares: Two of Three Conditions Met for Peugeot’s LMP1 Return
- Goldcrest Parts Way with Kris Wright Racing
- Lowndes, Whincup in Maranello Ferrari for Bathurst 12H
- Lapierre Takes DragonSpeed to First ELMS Victory
- G-Drive Leads After Incident-Filled First Half of 4H Spa
- Spa Weekend Notebook
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.