- Ave-Riley LMP3 Car Set for On-Track Debut in Early 2016
- News & Notes Roundup: 11.25
- Neveu Not Concerned About COTA Financial Crisis
- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Ryan Dalziel
- Fogarty: “To Be in the Top Class of PWC is a Much Better Fit”
- Porsche Expecting Up to Six New GT3 Cars for Daytona
- Lone Star Racing Planning Expanded 2016 IMSA Schedule
- 26 Cars on Provisional Entry List for Sepang 12H
- Beaumesnil: “We Believe There is a Future for LMP1 Privateer”
- Albuquerque, Pagenaud Confirmed with Action Express for Enduros
Turner Set for BMW Z4 GTD Effort
- Updated: November 20, 2013
Turner Motorsport is set to campaign a BMW Z4 GT3 car in next year’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
Sportscar365 has learned that an announcement is due shortly that will see Paul Dalla Lana pair with a to-be-announced driver in the team’s new GT Daytona entry, which took part in this week’s pre-season testing at Daytona International Speedway.
Dalla Lana was joined behind the wheel of the car by Dane Cameron and Pedro Lamy in the two-day test on the 3.56-mile oval/road course.
The former Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge champion is expected to pull double-duty in the season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona between Turner’s GTD class Z4 and a factory Aston Martin V8 Vantage in GTLM.
Turner debuted its GT3-based Z4 in a private test at Road Atlanta last month and has continued to wait for the GTD technical regulations to be released before making a formal commitment.
It’s understood a second car is probable, although not a likely entry for the Rolex 24.