- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
- Porsche Confirms Factory Driver Lineup for N24
P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Updated: February 24, 2017
P1 Motorsports is the latest team to commit to the new-look IMSA Prototype Challenge presented by Mazda series, with JC Perez confirmed for a full-season effort with the Florida-based team.
Perez will pilot one of the team’s two Ligier JS P3s in the sprint race championship, after having competed in club-level racing with the Onroak Automotive-built prototype throughout the second half of last year.
“I drove my first race car May of 2016 and got hooked,” Perez said. “After that, all I wanted to do was drive and keep getting better.
“With the help of my coach Lonnie Pechnik, I will continue to chip away at the times.”
Pechnik, formerly of Flying Lizard Motorsports, added: “We are a young team but are looking forward to showing what we can do in this competitive series.
“The Ligier is an incredible race car for the money and is very rewarding to drive. We think it will also show well against the other manufacturers in the series.”
More than a dozen LMP3 cars, including cars from Ginetta, Ave-Riley, ADESS and the new-for-2017 Norma M30, are expected for next month’s season-opener at Sebring.