- British GT Season to Get Underway at Media Day
- 41 Cars Set for ELMS Prologue
- Chinese-Inspired DC Racing Liveries Revealed
- Atherton: IMSA LMP3 Debut “A Home Run”
- Ex Williams Engineer Named Head of Aerodynamics for Ginetta LMP1
- Bradley Completes Graff LMP2 Lineup
- Walsh Wins Opening Race at Albert Park
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Bleekemolen
- SRO to Submit Bid for New FIA GT Pro-Am World Cup Event
- Brands Hatch Extends Blancpain GT Deal Through 2019
P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Updated: February 24, 2017
P1 Motorsports is the latest team to commit to the new-look IMSA Prototype Challenge presented by Mazda series, with JC Perez confirmed for a full-season effort with the Florida-based team.
Perez will pilot one of the team’s two Ligier JS P3s in the sprint race championship, after having competed in club-level racing with the Onroak Automotive-built prototype throughout the second half of last year.
“I drove my first race car May of 2016 and got hooked,” Perez said. “After that, all I wanted to do was drive and keep getting better.
“With the help of my coach Lonnie Pechnik, I will continue to chip away at the times.”
Pechnik, formerly of Flying Lizard Motorsports, added: “We are a young team but are looking forward to showing what we can do in this competitive series.
“The Ligier is an incredible race car for the money and is very rewarding to drive. We think it will also show well against the other manufacturers in the series.”
More than a dozen LMP3 cars, including cars from Ginetta, Ave-Riley, ADESS and the new-for-2017 Norma M30, are expected for next month’s season-opener at Sebring.