- PHOTOS: VIR Weekend Gallery
- No Further Action on SprintX Race 1 Results
- Dalziel, Morad Win SprintX Race 2 Under Yellow
- Team Parker Wins Rockingham as Spirit of Race Penalized
- SprintX Race 1 Results Under Review Due to Timing Error
- Jamin Sweeps GTS Weekend at VIR
- Vanthoor, Sofronas Stripped of GT Pro-Am Class Win in Race 1
- VIR Sunday Notebook
- Spirit of Race Provisionally Wins at Rockingham After Bizarre Ending
- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
Nissan to Develop New GT-R NISMO GT3 for 2018
- Updated: February 17, 2017
Nissan has revealed that it will develop a new GT-R NISMO GT3 car, with the target of racing full-time in 2018.
The Japanese manufacturer, which has been a stalwart of GT3 competition with its current GT-R, is set to give the car a significant overhaul, although still based on the current R35 production model.
“You can expect to see a new state-of-the-art, highly competitive machine that will ensure customers continue to choose the GT-R from amongst the increasingly large variety of European manufacturers and other rival companies’ GT3 vehicles,” said NISMO President and CEO Takao Katagiri.
Masataka Yanagida and Michael Krumm will serve as development drivers, with testing carried out in both Japan and Europe.
No word has been given if the car could see an end-of-year debut, potentially after the FIA’s mandatory Balance of Performance tests for any new car models, which generally occurs in September.