- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
Asian LMS Sprint Calendar Shortened; GT3 Entires Permitted
- Updated: March 15, 2017
The Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup has been reduced to a three-round calendar, although GT3 machinery will now be eligible alongside LMP3 and GT Cup entries.
In place of the previously-planned four-race season for LMP3 and GT Cup cars, the 2017 calendar now comprises three race meetings, all still at Sepang.
The season will now start with Round 1 on May 5-7, with subsequent rounds on July 21-23 and August 18-20.
The change to add GT3 cars to the series now allows GT3 teams to construct a comprehensive racing programme in Asia combining the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup and the Asian Le Mans Series.
The winners of the GT3, LMP3 and GT Cup classes in the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup will also benefit from a free entry into the 2017/2018 Asian Le Mans Series.
In addition, Asian Le Mans entrants will also be given priority entries into the Road to Le Mans event as the curtain-raiser to the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June.