- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
Team NZ Returns to Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup
- Updated: April 3, 2017
Team NZ will return to the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup in 2017 with its Porsche 911 GT3 Cup for the three-event series over the summer.
John Curran and Graeme Dowsett will team up as drivers, having both taken several class wins in the car in last year’s Sprint Cup and the full Asian Le Mans Series over the winter.
“Team NZ is excited to be joining the Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup again,” commented Dowsett.
“The format is an excellent platform to race at a relatively high level with some of the teams actually going onto the Le Mans 24-hour race, while also providing a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere.
“The race format of [two one-hour races] per weekend provides Team NZ excellent track and race time to develop the drivers abilities.
“It is an excellent series to leading onto the four-hour race format of Asian Le Mans.”
The Asian Le Mans Sprint Cup is set to start on May 5-7, with three events scheduled to take place at Sepang between May and August.