- Buhk, Baumann in Separate HTP Mercedes-AMGs for Sprint Cup
- Monza Monday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Monza Monday Gallery
- Di Grassi, Molina Linked to AF Corse Drives
- Chapman Replaces Fuller in RCIB Ginetta
- Malvern, Jones Return to British GT with Updated GT4 Porsche
- Marcelli Confirmed at R. Ferri for SprintX Rounds
- TDS Reveals Oreca WEC Livery
- Freddie Hunt Moves to GT4 European Series with Brookspeed
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
DragonSpeed, JDC-Miller Complete Oreca 07 Shakedowns
- Updated: December 16, 2016
A pair of Daytona-bound Oreca 07 Gibsons have completed shakedowns, ahead of next month’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona, with both DragonSpeed and JDC-Miller getting its first laps with the new LMP2 contender.
DragonSpeed team owner Elton Julian handled driving duties its all-new car at Paul Ricard (pictured above) on Friday, with the American team’s second car, upgraded from its European Le Mans Series race-winning Oreca 05, set to be completed and delivered to Florida next week.
Minnesota-based JDC-Miller, which expands to a LMP2 operation next year, meanwhile, was in Sebring this week with its new Oreca, with Mathias Beche turning laps in the car. The car’s shakedown came earlier this month, also at Paul Ricard.
While JDC-Miller has yet to announce its full-season or Daytona lineup, DragonSpeed’s Oreca-Gibson will be driven by Nicolas Lapierre, Loic Duval, Ben Hanley and Henrik Hedman in the twice-around-the-clock Florida endurance classic.
A total of three Oreca-Gibsons are expected to be on the grid, joined by Rebellion Racing, which will utilize the French constructor’s test chassis, and has also bee in Sebring this week as part of a multi-day Dunlop tire test.