- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
- Pizzitola Fastest in Free Practice at Sepang
- DAC Confirms Lamborghini TPNAEC Effort, Daytona Lineup
- YMR/M.Racing Switches to Norma M30 for LMP3 Campaign
- Clearwater Set for Multi-Class Entry in Blancpain GT Asia
- Freedom Autosport Confirms Three-Car Mazda MX-5 Effort
- Nunez: “I’m Excited to See What We Can Do With the New Platform”
- High Expectations for Green, New MIA McLaren GT4 Effort
- Mok Weng Sun: “The WEC is the Pinnacle of My Career”
DragonSpeed, JDC-Miller Complete Oreca 07 Shakedowns
- Updated: December 16, 2016
A pair of Daytona-bound Oreca 07 Gibsons have completed shakedowns, ahead of next month’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona, with both DragonSpeed and JDC-Miller getting its first laps with the new LMP2 contender.
DragonSpeed team owner Elton Julian handled driving duties its all-new car at Paul Ricard (pictured above) on Friday, with the American team’s second car, upgraded from its European Le Mans Series race-winning Oreca 05, set to be completed and delivered to Florida next week.
Minnesota-based JDC-Miller, which expands to a LMP2 operation next year, meanwhile, was in Sebring this week with its new Oreca, with Mathias Beche turning laps in the car. The car’s shakedown came earlier this month, also at Paul Ricard.
While JDC-Miller has yet to announce its full-season or Daytona lineup, DragonSpeed’s Oreca-Gibson will be driven by Nicolas Lapierre, Loic Duval, Ben Hanley and Henrik Hedman in the twice-around-the-clock Florida endurance classic.
A total of three Oreca-Gibsons are expected to be on the grid, joined by Rebellion Racing, which will utilize the French constructor’s test chassis, and has also bee in Sebring this week as part of a multi-day Dunlop tire test.