- Andretti Closing in on Pirelli WC Program with Nissan
- Jonsson: “They all Did a Phenomenal Job Putting the Car Together”
- Porsche Confirms Third 919 Hybrid for Le Mans
- 2015 Silly Season Update 2: P/PC
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 11.24
- VIDEO: A Lap of Thunderhill With Mike Skeen
- SEGAL: Bahrain Debrief
- Zanardi: “I Want to Find Situations where I Can Be More Competitive”
- Dalziel: “2015 is Different Because WEC is the Priority”
- Ex-Factory Dodge Viper GTS-Rs Possible for ELMS in 2015
Gommendy Completes TDS Racing Lineup
- Updated: February 13, 2014
After competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2013 with the Signatech Alpine A450, Tristan Gommendy will continue to race in LMP2 this season, but now for a full season in the European Le Mans Series. (En Français)
Gommendy, who was Rookie of the Year and winner of the Prix Jean Rondeau at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2003, will join Thiriet by TDS Racing’s Pierre Thiriet and Ludovic Badey this season.
The trio will race an OnRoak Automotive-designed LMP2 car in the ELMS and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, subject to the Selection Committee accepting the entry of Xavier Combet and Jacques Morello’s team.
Gommendy, winner of the Macau Grand Prix in 2002, also competed in Champ Car, Superleague Formula and the World Series by Renault 3.5. The Frenchman raced at Le Mans four times before with Racing for Holland, Welter and Signatech-Alpine.
Thiriet by TDS Racing’s objective will be to shine at Le Mans, if accepted, and in the ELMS, with a mission to take the European crown.