- Corey Lewis Joins Strategic Wealth Racing
- Team SARD-Morand Confirms Single-Car LMP2 Entry for 6H Spa
- Patron ESM Completes Shakedown of Ligier JS P2 Hondas
- Vieira: “Kairos Does Not Just Make Up the Numbers in Endurance”
- Mitchum Embracing Lamborghini Ladder With Push for Second Title
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 4.27
- FOX Sports 1, 2 to Carry Full Live Coverage of 6H Spa
- Estre Leads K-PAX with Flying Lizard McLaren 1-2 at Barber
- Davison Docked All Win Points Following Post-Race Tech
- Volkswagen Group Chairman Ferdinand Piech Resigns
Harry Tincknell Joins Jota Sport for 2014 Season
- Updated: February 6, 2014
British Formula 3 driver Harry Tincknell has been confirmed as part of the Jota Sport line-up for the 2014 European Le Mans Series and Le Mans 24 Hours.
The 22-year-old will join Jota Sport regular Simon Dolan in the team’s Zytek-Nissan in all rounds of the 2014 series.
Tincknell, who is managed by Allan McNish and raced in the FIA European Formula 3 Championship last year, already tested the Zytek-Nissan in a Dunlop tire test and is happy to join the British team as he makes another step in his career.
“I was surprised by the similarities the Zytek-Nissan shares with an F3, and within four or five laps I felt at home. Jota are a very professional operation and that allowed me to work well with them and Simon from the word go. Right away, I felt that this is where I want to be,” Tincknell said.
“Sportscar racing is a natural progression for young drivers. It requires speed and consistency, both of which Harry undoubtedly has,” added McNish.
“After enjoying some great success in Formula 3, we felt the time was right for him to make this move. Having known Jota Sport for several years and seen their professionalism and progress we believe it’s the perfect place for him.”
“The addition of Harry to our 2014 line-up is great news for Jota Sport,” said Team Principal Sam Hignett. “He’s a hungry young driver with bags of experience, and I’m sure that will translate into an excellent sportscar racer.”
“There’s a wealth of talented guys emerging from single-seaters at the moment and, in Harry, we feel we’ve landed one of the best. Between him and Simon, Jota has the perfect blend of youth and experience.”
Jota Sport will announce its third, platinum-graded driver for the 2014 season shortly.