- Rees Completes Larbre Lineup for 24H Le Mans
- 40 Entries for COTA
- VIDEO: Silverstone WEC Race Replay
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Trent Hindman
- Bortolotti: Blancpain GT Title the “Absolute Priority” for Lamborghini
- Jamin to Make PWC Debut in ANSA KTM X-Bow GT4
- VIDEO: Brundle on Visit to Beijing, Meeting Jackie Chan
- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
FFF Racing Launches Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup Program
- Updated: March 15, 2016
FFF Racing Team has revealed its Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup program for 2016 during its pre-season test held at Imola this week.
The Italian team will field a Lamborghini Huracán GT3 and McLaren 650S GT3 in what will be the inaugural season of the GT3 Le Mans Cup.
In the Lamborghini will be Andrea Caldarelli and Sean Fu Songyang, while Hiroshi Hamaguchi will be joined by Adrian Quaife-Hobbs in the McLaren.
Last year, the Asian-based team competed in the GT Asia Series with world-class drivers like Vitantonio Liuzzi and Alvaro Parente. Hamaguchi paired with Liuzzi to take the overall win at Okayama last June.
“What I like about the Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup is that it is based around the bronze gentleman drivers,” said Hamaguchi. “I really like that we have to do qualifying and the results will depend on our performances, rather than the pro drivers.
“This will be my second year with FFF Racing Team, so I know everybody and how they operate, and I’m feeling far more comfortable than I did this time last year. Of course, racing in Europe is new to me and I will have to learn the tracks.”
Caldarelli is team principal, and also drives a Lexus in the Super GT series. He will race the Huracán GT3 alongside Fu Songyang in the GT3 Le Mans Cup.
“I’m really looking forward to driving in the Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup, because I really enjoy the challenge of racing in a championship that is completely new to everybody,” said Caldarelli.
“I think it will be pretty competitive, although we don’t quite have the full entry list. Of course, the series visits a lot of cool circuits and I’m going to enjoy coming back to race in Europe for the first time in six years.”