- Keating: “I Expect LMP2 to Be Where It’s At This Year in Le Mans”
- ESM Reveals Nissan Onroak DPi Livery
- Acura, Lexus in New Wave of GT3 Cars Set for Debut
- Lamborghini Produces 200th Huracán Race Car
- Cosmo: “We Can Contend for This Championship”
- Keating Gains IMSA Auto-Invite for 24H Le Mans
- By Speed Factory Confirms ELMS LMP3 Return
- Algarve Pro Wins 4H Sepang, Asian LMS Title as DC Racing Retires
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
Mowlem to Lead FF Corse Ferrari Program in GT3 Le Mans Cup
- Updated: December 5, 2015
Johnny Mowlem will lead FF Corse’s attack on the new Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup next year, with the British team having confirmed a single-car program for the new ACO-run championship.
The veteran Englishman will join Ivor Dunbar behind the wheel of the team’s brand-new Ferrari 488 GT3 car for the six-round series, which will run alongside most European Le Mans Series weekends, but also as a support race to the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June.
“These are exciting times,” Mowlem said. “I’ve already done quite a bit of testing and racing with FF Corse this year and I can see that they are an incredibly accomplished team with a lot of ambition.
“They have already shown that they can compete against top teams at national level racing and I have no doubt at all that they can do the same at the European level.
“My job will be to bring my experience both in and out of the car to help the team, and Ivor in particular, achieve their goal of being invited to compete at the Le Mans 24.”
FF Corse graduates from British GT and Ferrari Challenge competition, as they takes their first step into the international sports car racing arena.
“This new ACO championship is perfect as it is designed to provide a solid base for teams and drivers to become part of the ACO championship family and move up the sports car ladder to compete at the Le Mans 24 hours, which is the ultimate objective for both FF Corse and Ivor,” said team principal Anthony Cheshire.
“In Johnny we feel we have the perfect driver to help us with our long term future plans, as he is a former European Le Mans Series champion and 10 time Le Mans 24 competitor, as well as being well known by the ACO.”