- CJ Wilson Racing Breaks Through in Rain-Affected CTSC Race at VIR
- Michimi Wins Lamborghini ST Race 1 at VIR
- CTSC Race Red-Flagged Due to Torrential Rain
- VIDEO: Hungaroring Qualifying Race Highlights
- Magnussen Leads Corvette Front Row Sweep at VIR
- Snow Takes Paul Miller Lamborghini to GTD Pole at VIR
- Ide Holds Off Vautier for Hungaroring Qualifying Race Win
- VIR CTSC Weekend Notebook
- Magnussen Quickest in Practice 3 at VIR
- Hungaroring Weekend Notebook
Dempsey Returns With Porsche, Plans Expansion
- Updated: October 21, 2013
Dempsey Racing and Porsche will continue its relationship for at least the next two seasons, it was confirmed Monday by the team.
The Georgia-based squad, which fielded Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars in this year’s American Le Mans Series, along with a GTE-Am spec Porsche run in conjunction by Proton Competition in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, announced it will enter the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the GT Daytona class with Porsche’s new 911 GT America.
Plans are also in place for a return to Le Mans, as well as an expansion into the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge series, both also with Porsche machinery.
“We are looking forward to the new season and to many more successful years partnering Porsche,” Team co-principal Patrick Dempsey said. “Every race season brings along a number of interesting challenges. The partnership with Porsche this year was the absolute highlight and the main reason for the success we enjoy.
“This relationship will also help stabilize our team as we intend to compete for the IMSA GT3 Cup championship as well.”
The Hollywood actor/racer and co-drivers Andy Lally and Joe Foster recorded a season-best second place finish in the GTC class in last weekend’s Petit Le Mans, which closed out the ALMS season.
More details on the team’s multi-faceted effort, including the number of entries planned for the TUDOR Championship, were not released.
“We look forward to a second exciting season with Patrick Dempsey and to continuing our successful partnership,” said Jens Walther President of Porsche Motorsport North America. “Patrick is a passionate race driver who embodies the professionalism and amiability that makes the Porsche motorsport family what it is.”