- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
- Jamin: “Anything I Drive, I Always Want to Win”
Barker Returns to Gulf GTE-Am Porsche
- Updated: March 17, 2017
Ben Barker is set to Gulf Racing for his second year in the FIA World Endurance Championship, alongside team owner Michael Wainwright.
Barker raced in the British team’s Porsche 911 RSR with Wainwright and Adam Carroll for his WEC debut last season.
He returns to the GTE-Am entry as the Gold-rated driver alongside Wainwright and a yet-to-be-revealed third driver.
“It’s great to know that I’ll be racing in a high-profile series in 2017, having confirmed another year with Gulf Racing in the World Endurance Championship,” Barker commented.
“I’m really excited to be leading the team and rejoining Mike, who has really fostered my sports car ambitions in recent seasons.
“I’m looking forward to kicking off the season on home soil at Silverstone in April, and we’ll also be visiting both Spa-Francorchamps and the Circuit of the Americas in Texas, so there’s plenty to look forward to.
“Of course, however, nothing can top Le Mans, and I’m excited to be making my second appearance in the 24 Hours in June.
“There was a lot to be pleased about Gulf’s debut season in the WEC, and I’m sure the team will continue to improve in 2017.”