- British GT Season to Get Underway at Media Day
- 41 Cars Set for ELMS Prologue
- Chinese-Inspired DC Racing Liveries Revealed
- Atherton: IMSA LMP3 Debut “A Home Run”
- Ex Williams Engineer Named Head of Aerodynamics for Ginetta LMP1
- Bradley Completes Graff LMP2 Lineup
- Walsh Wins Opening Race at Albert Park
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Bleekemolen
- SRO to Submit Bid for New FIA GT Pro-Am World Cup Event
- Brands Hatch Extends Blancpain GT Deal Through 2019
Breukers to Join Calko, Konopka in ARC Ligier at 24H Le Mans
- Updated: March 16, 2017
Rik Breukers has completed ARC Bratislava’s lineup for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, with the 18-year-old joining Konstantins Calko and Miro Konopka in the team’s Ligier JS P217 Gibson.
Having gained prototype experience in recent years, primarily in the LMP3 ranks, the reigning Lamborghini Super Trofeo Middle East champion is confident ahead of his Le Mans debut.
Despite his age, he has already completed close to twenty 24-hour races, and recently competed in the Hankook 24H Dubai with Grasser Racing Team in January.
“Le Mans always has been my ultimate goal,” Breukers said. [It is] the pinnacle of endurance racing. I hope my experience in LMP3 and Ginetta G57 will help me to get accustomed quickly to the new LMP2 car.
“The team have planned some days of testing some testing in Monza and at the Slovakiaring. However, the car is not ready yet and the team is waiting for the delivery of the brand new Ligier LMP2.”
Co-drivers Calko and Konopka competed together in the Asian Le Mans Series over the winter, coming second in the LMP3 teams’ standings.