- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
Rosenqvist Confirmed at DragonSpeed for 24H Le Mans
- Updated: April 17, 2017
Felix Rosenqvist has been confirmed as DragonSpeed’s third driver to replace Nicolas Lapierre at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
As revealed by Sportscar365 last week, the Swede will join Ben Hanley and Henrik Hedman in the No. 21 Oreca 07 Gibson, with full-season European Le Mans Series driver Lapierre busy on duty in Toyota’s third LMP1 car.
It will be Rosenqvist’s first appearance at the French endurance race.
His main program this season focuses on the Formula E and Super Formula series, although Rosenqvist has recent sports car experience, most notably in the Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup with AKKA ASP last season.
Rosenqvist will make his LMP2 debut at Le Mans, however, with a Rolex 24 at Daytona Prototype Challenge entry with Starworks Motorsport some of his only prior prototype action.
”Racing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans has always been a dream of mine,” he said. ”It’s one of the world’s most famous races, and to drive a sports prototype on that particular track I’m sure will be something very, very special.
“I had my first taste of 24-hour racing at Spa last year and it was a truly standout experience, so I can’t wait to find out what Le Mans – the most prestigious one of all – is like.
“I’m looking forward to working with DragonSpeed to try and achieve a strong result, and I’d like to thank them for giving me this opportunity.”