- VIDEO: Moscow Main Race Highlights
- PHOTOS: Moscow Weekend Gallery
- Abril, Buhk Give Bentley First Blancpain Sprint Win
- Second Oreca 05 Expected to Debut at COTA
- VIDEO: Moscow Qualifying Race Highlights
- Reiter Lamborghini Dominates Qualifying Race in Moscow
- Moscow Pre-Race Notebook
- Catsburg Puts Reiter Lamborghini on Moscow Pole
- Seefried: “We’re Pleased to Show Up as the Best Ferrari Team”
- Moscow Friday Notebook
Gavin Added to AMR Lineup for COTA
- Updated: September 20, 2013
Oliver Gavin will race in Sunday’s FIA WEC Six Hours of the Circuit of The Americas as a late addition to Aston Martin Racing’s lineup.
The Corvette factory driver has been drafted in to support the No. 97 Aston Martin Vantage V8 of Darren Turner and Stefan Mucke, who suffered broken ribs from an accident in last weekend’s Barcelona 24 Hours. Mucke, who was cleared to race by FIA doctors, is expected to drive a reduced period of time.
“The opportunity has come out of the blue due to Stefan’s unfortunate accident,” Gavin said. “It’s a great chance for me to compete both in the ALMS with Corvette Racing and in the WEC with Aston Martin Racing, but I wish him a speedy recovery first and foremost. Both the cars I will be in this weekend are leading their championships and I am very aware of my responsibilities to all parties.
“I have to thank GM Racing boss Mark Kent for allowing me to do this and I feel a lucky boy to be in both cars in such competitive events.”
The Englishman turned his first laps of the GTE-Pro class contender in this morning’s rain-soaked Free Practice 1 after getting approval by the FIA.
Gavin will now be one of four drivers pulling double-duty between the ALMS and WEC races. The Englishman currently leads the ALMS GT championship with co-driver Tommy Milner, while Aston Martin heads the GTE-Pro title chase in the WEC.