- CBS Sports to Carry Live Coverage of Blancpain Sprint
- Walmsley (Strakka): “We’re Delighted to Be Here at Long Last”
- Tincknell Returns to Jota Sport
- Revisions Made to “Race to 24,” Set for April 12 Launch
- Wolf Still Pushing Ahead with LMP2 Car for 2016
- KCMG Purchases Second Oreca 05, Set for Expansion
- Atherton Elaborates on Future IMSA Rules, 2020 ACO Extension
- SMP Racing BR01 Nissan Completes Shakedown
- PHOTOS: St. Pete Weekend Gallery
- Beretta Wins Caution-Filled St. Petersburg Round 4
Heinemeier Hansson Joins AMR for GTE-Am Campaign
- Updated: February 6, 2014
David Heinemeier Hansson announced Thursday that he will be part of the Young Driver AMR squad in this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship.
The Dane is set to race the team’s Aston Martin Vantage V8 in the GTE-Am class this season. His teammates for the FIA WEC season opener at Silverstone in April have yet to be announced by the team.
Heinemeier Hansson, considered by many as one of the quickest Silver-ranked drivers, makes the move from the LMP2 ranks, having finished second in the championship with OAK Racing.
He completed a successful test with Aston Martin Racing at Sebring in November, after which he was already linked with a move to the British manufacturer for a possible program.
Before the first race of the FIA WEC at Silverstone in April, Heinemeier Hansson will compete in the Twelve Hours of Sebring in Prototype Challenge. He will join Duncan Ende and Bruno Junqueira at RSR Racing.