- Parente Wins Incident-Filled Race 1 at Mid-Ohio
- Sims Out Front at Six-Hour Mark at Spa
- ROWE BMW Leads After 4 Hours
- Cindric Takes Maiden PWC GT Pole at Mid-Ohio
- Attempto, AF Corse Crash Out in Hour 2 at Spa
- Pumpelly: “Any Driver Would Want To Be a Part of This”
- Bortolotti Leads Opening Hour at Spa
- Mercedes-AMG Misses Deadline for Protest
- Spa Pre-Race Notebook
- Mercedes-AMG Penalized, WRT Audi Inherits 24H Spa Pole
Heinemeier Hansson Joins AMR for GTE-Am Campaign
- Updated: February 6, 2014
David Heinemeier Hansson announced Thursday that he will be part of the Young Driver AMR squad in this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship.
The Dane is set to race the team’s Aston Martin Vantage V8 in the GTE-Am class this season. His teammates for the FIA WEC season opener at Silverstone in April have yet to be announced by the team.
Heinemeier Hansson, considered by many as one of the quickest Silver-ranked drivers, makes the move from the LMP2 ranks, having finished second in the championship with OAK Racing.
He completed a successful test with Aston Martin Racing at Sebring in November, after which he was already linked with a move to the British manufacturer for a possible program.
Before the first race of the FIA WEC at Silverstone in April, Heinemeier Hansson will compete in the Twelve Hours of Sebring in Prototype Challenge. He will join Duncan Ende and Bruno Junqueira at RSR Racing.