- OAK Scores Comeback Victory at Fuji
- Bradley Puts Eurasia Oreca-Nissan on Pole in Fuji
- HPD Still on Target for Six ARX-04b P2 Cars in 2015
- Porsche GT Cup Class Added to Pirelli WC for 2015
- 2015 FIA WEC Prologue Date Confirmed
- OAK Tops Friday Practice at Fuji
- Porsche Evaluating Customer Options for GTLM, GTD
- LALLY: VIR Debrief
- SpeedSource Mazda in Rebuild for COTA after Road America Crash
- RAYHALL: VIR Debrief
KCMG Confirms Bradley for WEC Season
- Updated: February 22, 2014
KCMG confirmed Friday that Richard Bradley will drive the team’s new Oreca 03 Nissan in this year’ FIA World Endurance Championship.
The 22-year-old Briton, who was part of the Hong Kong-based team’s efforts in Super Formula in 2013, will share the wheel of the LMP2 contender with Matt Howson and a to-be-determined third driver.
While having a background primarily in open-wheel racing, Bradley is no complete stranger to sports car racing, having driven KCMG’s Morgan-Nissan in both the FIA WEC and Asian Le Mans Series rounds at Fuji last year.
“After the team’s strong showing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and WEC rounds at Silverstone and Fuji last year, we can be confident of having a good season ahead,” Bradley said.
“I’m looking forward to working with Matt, [team manager] Maarten and the whole KCMG crew. More than anything, I can’t wait to kick off our campaign in front of my home crowd at Silverstone in April.”
KCMG managing director Paul Ip added: “We have worked with Richard and Matt in previous motorsport campaigns prior to our involvement in WEC and Asian Le Mans.
“Both have shown commitment and versatile prowess as drivers and I’m pleased to have them represent KCMG in our first full season in the World Championship.”
The team is understood to have begun on-track testing of the new car, while currently evaluating a number of professional drivers for the third and final seat.