- Kimber-Smith Lands Full-Season Ride at PR1/Mathiasen
- Black Falcon Confirms Pro Cup Lineup
- Double Blancpain Program for GT Russian Team
- Oreca 05 Breaks Cover, Completes Shakedown at Paul Ricard
- Porsche Curves Widened at Le Mans
- Sebring: Runways to Raceway, Pt. 2
- BMW M6 GT3 Continues Test Program
- Audi, Ferrari Drivers Added to PWC COTA Entry List
- Chilton, Buncombe Complete Nissan LMP1 Lineup
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 3.2
KCMG Confirms Bradley for WEC Season
- Updated: February 22, 2014
KCMG confirmed Friday that Richard Bradley will drive the team’s new Oreca 03 Nissan in this year’ FIA World Endurance Championship.
The 22-year-old Briton, who was part of the Hong Kong-based team’s efforts in Super Formula in 2013, will share the wheel of the LMP2 contender with Matt Howson and a to-be-determined third driver.
While having a background primarily in open-wheel racing, Bradley is no complete stranger to sports car racing, having driven KCMG’s Morgan-Nissan in both the FIA WEC and Asian Le Mans Series rounds at Fuji last year.
“After the team’s strong showing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and WEC rounds at Silverstone and Fuji last year, we can be confident of having a good season ahead,” Bradley said.
“I’m looking forward to working with Matt, [team manager] Maarten and the whole KCMG crew. More than anything, I can’t wait to kick off our campaign in front of my home crowd at Silverstone in April.”
KCMG managing director Paul Ip added: “We have worked with Richard and Matt in previous motorsport campaigns prior to our involvement in WEC and Asian Le Mans.
“Both have shown commitment and versatile prowess as drivers and I’m pleased to have them represent KCMG in our first full season in the World Championship.”
The team is understood to have begun on-track testing of the new car, while currently evaluating a number of professional drivers for the third and final seat.