- Porsche Confirms Bruni; Set for Mid-Season IMSA Effort
- Pier Guidi Confirmed as Bruni Replacement at Ferrari
- Racing Team Nederland Takes Delivery of Second Dallara LMP2
- Bihel Joins YMR Le Mans Cup Program
- Team RJN Nissan Scales Back Blancpain GT Program
- Nissan to Develop New GT-R NISMO GT3 for 2018
- Updated Road to Le Mans Format Revealed; Extra Race Added
- Povoledo to Lead DXDT Driver Development Program
- Continental Responds to Daytona GTD Tire Issues
- DPis Slowed in Post-Daytona BoP
Kubica to Test With ByKolles in Bahrain
- Updated: November 19, 2016
Robert Kubica will test the ByKolles CLM P1/01 AER in Bahrain on Sunday ahead of a possible move to the FIA World Endurance Championship next year.
The 2008 Canadian F1 Grand Prix winner was tipped for Formula 1 superstardom when he suffered career-threatening injuries to his right arm in a rallying accident in 2011.
Kubica’s only regular program since then has been in the World Rally Championship. He made his circuit racing comeback earlier this year at the Mugello 12 Hours, and finished third in a cameo appearance with Duqueine Engineering in the Renault Sport Trophy at Spa.
ByKolles Head of Operations Boris Bermes downplayed the possibility of the Pole joining the team next year and stressed that it’s just a test.
“He’s coming here to get some experience and see how he likes a LMP1 car,” Bermes told Sportscar365.
“He’s had a long relationship with Colin and he wants to see if this car is suited to him. For now, there’s nothing [for next year].”
Kubica will be joined by Italian former IndyCar driver Francesco Dracone in the ByKolles entry for the WEC-sanctioned Rookie Test.
John Dagys contributed to this report