- Ford Drivers Celebrate Daytona Wins in Dearborn
- Monza Wednesday Notebook
- Pla, IDEC Sport Fastest in ELMS Prologue
- 35 Entries for Long Beach
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Brent O’Neill
- O’Young Joins Li in Craft-Bamboo Porsche
- COTA Completes Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA Schedule
- Graff Oreca on Top After Opening Day of ELMS Prologue
- Monza Tuesday Notebook
- Team Parker Bentley Sets Pace at Media Day
Kubica to Test With ByKolles in Bahrain
- Updated: November 19, 2016
Robert Kubica will test the ByKolles CLM P1/01 AER in Bahrain on Sunday ahead of a possible move to the FIA World Endurance Championship next year.
The 2008 Canadian F1 Grand Prix winner was tipped for Formula 1 superstardom when he suffered career-threatening injuries to his right arm in a rallying accident in 2011.
Kubica’s only regular program since then has been in the World Rally Championship. He made his circuit racing comeback earlier this year at the Mugello 12 Hours, and finished third in a cameo appearance with Duqueine Engineering in the Renault Sport Trophy at Spa.
ByKolles Head of Operations Boris Bermes downplayed the possibility of the Pole joining the team next year and stressed that it’s just a test.
“He’s coming here to get some experience and see how he likes a LMP1 car,” Bermes told Sportscar365.
“He’s had a long relationship with Colin and he wants to see if this car is suited to him. For now, there’s nothing [for next year].”
Kubica will be joined by Italian former IndyCar driver Francesco Dracone in the ByKolles entry for the WEC-sanctioned Rookie Test.
John Dagys contributed to this report