- Daytona Tuesday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Daytona Tuesday Gallery (UPDATED)
- Corvette Reverts to Spare Chassis After Roar Fire
- VIDEO: Rolex 24 Transporter Load-In Timelapse
- Campbell Completes Competition Porsche Lineup for Bathurst 12H
- Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Jeroen Mul
- Pigot: “I’ve Always Wanted to Be a Part of the Rolex 24”
- McLaren Announces Bathurst Driver Lineups
- Morris: “It’s a Big Step Up From What I’m Used To”
- Two Emil Frey Jaguars Confirmed for Blancpain GT Endurance Cup
Kubica to Test With ByKolles in Bahrain
- Updated: November 19, 2016
Robert Kubica will test the ByKolles CLM P1/01 AER in Bahrain on Sunday ahead of a possible move to the FIA World Endurance Championship next year.
The 2008 Canadian F1 Grand Prix winner was tipped for Formula 1 superstardom when he suffered career-threatening injuries to his right arm in a rallying accident in 2011.
Kubica’s only regular program since then has been in the World Rally Championship. He made his circuit racing comeback earlier this year at the Mugello 12 Hours, and finished third in a cameo appearance with Duqueine Engineering in the Renault Sport Trophy at Spa.
ByKolles Head of Operations Boris Bermes downplayed the possibility of the Pole joining the team next year and stressed that it’s just a test.
“He’s coming here to get some experience and see how he likes a LMP1 car,” Bermes told Sportscar365.
“He’s had a long relationship with Colin and he wants to see if this car is suited to him. For now, there’s nothing [for next year].”
Kubica will be joined by Italian former IndyCar driver Francesco Dracone in the ByKolles entry for the WEC-sanctioned Rookie Test.
John Dagys contributed to this report