- Magnussen Quickest in Practice 3 at VIR
- Hungaroring Weekend Notebook
- Beche Storms to Paul Ricard Pole
- Rosenqvist Takes First Blancpain GT Pole in Hungary
- Father and Son Duo Wins Sydney Motorsport Park 101
- Beche Tops Paul Ricard FP2 for TDS Racing
- VIR Friday Notebook
- Landy Takes Automatic Aston to CTSC Pole at VIR
- VIR Lamborghini ST Weekend Notebook
- Garcia Quickest on Friday at VIR
Ram Racing Confirms Driver Lineups
- Updated: February 13, 2014
Ram Racing confirmed Thursday the majority of its driver lineup for the FIA World Endurance Championship.
The UK-based squad, which won the 2013 European Le Mans Series GTE championship, graduates to the world’s stage with a pair of Ferrari F458 Italia GT cars, one each for GTE-Pro and GTE-Am.
While Matt Griffin is the only confirmed driver for the No. 52 entry in GTE-Pro, the No. 53 car in GTE-Am will feature the driving strength of Johnny Mowlem, Ben Collins and Mark Patterson.
Mowlem and Silver-rated Collins will contest the entire eight-round championship, with U.S.-based Patterson slated to be part of the lineup at Silverstone, Le Mans, COTA and Sao Paulo.
Patterson’s replacement for the remainder of the season will also be announced at a later date.
“Right from the outset we targeted the FIA WEC as the championship we’d like to be in, and we’re proud and very pleased to have had our entries accepted for 2014,” team manager Dan Shuffelbottom said.
“We’re confident we’ll have an excellent driver line up in both classes which will be able to take the fight to the manufacturer entries.
“We are under no illusions as to the level which will be required of all of us, but we wouldn’t be doing it if we didn’t think we could meet that high standard.”
Ram is among a handful of new teams stepping up to the FIA WEC this year, including ProSpeed Competition (GTE-Am), SMP Racing and KCMG (LMP2).