- Be Motorsport Confirms Ligier for Le Mans Cup
- Potter: “I Find Myself Reinvigorated for 2017”
- 2017 WEC Silly Season Update 2: GTE-Pro & GTE-Am
- Morgan, Baldwin Join PWC in Class Manager Roles
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 1
- Bathurst 12H Grid Nearly Finalized
- 55 Entries for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Novak Named New CTSC Race Director
- Turner Commits to Daytona; Confirms Rolex 24 Lineup
- Phoenix Confirms Audis for Blancpain GT Asia
REVIEW: Le Mans 2016 Yearbook
- Updated: December 26, 2016
Didn’t get what you wanted for Christmas? There’s still time to fulfill your holiday wishes by treating yourself to the definitive resource chronicling this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans.
While Porsche claimed its record 18th overall victory in the French endurance classic, it didn’t come without drama, most notably Toyota’s heartbreaking engine issue, which cost the Japanese manufacturer an elusive win with less than five minutes on the clock.
The tales from the 2016 race can be re-lived through the Automobile Club de l’Ouest’s official Le Mans Yearbook, which is now available.
Authored by Jean-Marc Teissedre, Alain Bienvenu and Thibaut Villemant, the 279-page book again features more than 600 high-quality photos and detailed text, including technical analysis from Sport Auto’s Marcus Shurig and statistics on each of the 60 starters in the race.
Also included are forwards by ACO President Pierre Fillon and Porsche Chairman Oliver Blume, who witnessed the German manufacturer’s overall triumph with Marc Lieb, Romain Dumas and Neel Jani.
Porsche’s Le Mans-winning trio also went on to claim the FIA World Endurance Championship, with the opening rounds of the globe-trotting championship, as well as the first two European Le Mans Series races, recapped in the hardcover coffee table book as well.
The 2016 Yearbook is a must-have resource for any Le Mans aficionado, especially those, who like myself, have amassed a bookshelf full of these invaluable, well-produced books that will live on for generations.
2016 Le Mans Yearbook
49 Euros ($51 USD)