- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
- SIN, Sofia Car Motorsport Confirmed in GT4 Series Return
- Talbot Victorious in Final Albert Park Race
- Manthey Porsche Wins VLN1
- Van Der Linde Declared Race 1 Winner after Post-Race Penalties
- CJ Wilson: “I’m Making Up For Lost Time”
- Revised WEC TV Broadcast Team Announced
- Second GT4 Porsche for RN Vision STS
- Algarve Pro Confirms 24H Le Mans Lineup, SO24! Deal
- Atherton: No Plans to Performance Balance LMP3, MPC Cars
WEC Prologue Date Changes Due to Pope Visit
- Updated: December 6, 2016
The date for the FIA World Endurance Championship pre-season Prologue test at Monza has been changed, due to a scheduling conflict that will see Pope Francis visit the Italian city on the originally scheduled weekend.
The Prologue will now take place on April 1-2, instead of the originally announced March 24-25, due to organizational and security reasons surrounding the Pope’s visit.
As a result, the Prologue now directly clashes with the opening round of the Blancpain GT Series at Misano, as well as the Formula E race in Mexico City.
The dates for the European Le Mans Series pre-season test at Monza remain unchanged, at March 28-29.