- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
- Pizzitola Fastest in Free Practice at Sepang
- DAC Confirms Lamborghini TPNAEC Effort, Daytona Lineup
- YMR/M.Racing Switches to Norma M30 for LMP3 Campaign
- Clearwater Set for Multi-Class Entry in Blancpain GT Asia
- Freedom Autosport Confirms Three-Car Mazda MX-5 Effort
- Nunez: “I’m Excited to See What We Can Do With the New Platform”
- High Expectations for Green, New MIA McLaren GT4 Effort
- Mok Weng Sun: “The WEC is the Pinnacle of My Career”
2017-Spec Lexus RC F GT3 Set for Race Debut in VLN
- Updated: October 5, 2016
The 2017-spec Lexus RC F GT3 car is set for its race debut in this weekend’s VLN round with Farnbacher Racing.
The German squad confirmed Wednesday that it will enter the all-new car, which completed last month’s FIA’s Balance of Performance test at Ladoux. Brothers Dominik and Mario Farnbacher will be at the wheel.
It is expected to race in the SPX class, for experimental or unhomologated GT cars.
“The main goal is to finish the four-hour race with no issues,” the team wrote on its Facebook page. “The race is seen as a test, since the car is a complete new development.”
Farnbacher will become the first team to run the next Lexus, which has been developed by Toyota Technocraft in Japan, with additional race programs in North America and Japan planned.
The newly renamed 3GT Racing effort will field two RC F GT3s in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship next year, including one car for Scott Pruett and Sage Karam.
The Gentilozzi family run team expects to take delivery of its first car later this month.