- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
BMW M4 GT4 to Debut at 24H Dubai
- Updated: December 9, 2016
The BMW M4 GT4 will make its race debut earlier than expected, with an outing for the new car planned for the 2017 Hankook 24H Dubai next month.
The M4 GT4, which was announced in July, was originally scheduled for a 2018 debut, but BMW Motorsport revealed at its end-of-season event in Munich on Friday that it will race a year earlier.
Joerg Mueller, Dirk Adorf and Ricky Collard have been confirmed as the drivers in the M4 GT4, in an operation that will be run by Schubert Motorsport.
Delivery to customer teams of the M4 GT4, which was on display at BMW’s event, will begin in 2018.
“The comprehensive test programme with the BMW M4 GT4 will go on in parallel [with the GT3 program],” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt.
“We will also see the car in action in a couple of races. Our privateer teams will then compete with the newest model from our product range in 2018.”
BMW also announced its drivers for the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship on Friday, with Alexander Sims and Martin Tomczyk confirmed as new recruits joining Bill Auberlen and John Edwards for the full season.
Meanwhile, Pixum Team Adrenalin Motorsport has won the BMW Sports Trophy Team Championship, while Michael Schrey won the similar award for drivers. Alex Zanardi was also presented with the Achievement of the Year award.
It was also revealed that BMW Team Schnitzer will run an M6 GT3 in the 2017 FIA GT World Cup at Macau with the 19th BMW art car livery designed by Chinese artist Chao Fei.
Rene de Boer contributed to this report