- Porsche Confirms Bruni; Set for Mid-Season IMSA Effort
- Pier Guidi Confirmed as Bruni Replacement at Ferrari
- Racing Team Nederland Takes Delivery of Second Dallara LMP2
- Bihel Joins YMR Le Mans Cup Program
- Team RJN Nissan Scales Back Blancpain GT Program
- Nissan to Develop New GT-R NISMO GT3 for 2018
- Updated Road to Le Mans Format Revealed; Extra Race Added
- Povoledo to Lead DXDT Driver Development Program
- Continental Responds to Daytona GTD Tire Issues
- DPis Slowed in Post-Daytona BoP
Magny-Cours Confirmed as 24H Proto Series Season Opener
- Updated: October 21, 2016
Creventic has confirmed that Magny-Cours will host the formal season-opener of its new 24H Proto Series, with a 12-hour endurance race scheduled for April 22-23, followed by additional, to-be-announced events later in the year.
The new-for-2017 series, open for entry-level prototypes, will kick off in Dubai in January with three non-points paying three-hour races in the buildup to the Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai.
“Our goal is to have a series of three to four twelve-hour races at attractive circuits,” said Creventic’s Ole Dörlemann. “Negotiations with other circuits are ongoing.
“We are currently talking with the management of circuits such as the Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya and the Circuito de Navarra in Spain, Circuit Paul Ricard in France and the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
“We expect to finalize these negotiations soon, after which we will be able to announce our full calendar. Meanwhile, we are very pleased with the feedback we are getting for our race at Dubai and for our new series.”
A total of 30 cars have already been provisionally entered for Dubai, including CN cars, Ginetta G57 prototypes, as well as a number of LMP3 cars from teams throughout Europe.
The Dutch agency, meanwhile, is still in talks with the ACO in an effort to resolve a dispute over the licensing rights for the ACO’s LMP3 platform.
“We also hope to reach an amicable solution with the ACO regarding the P3 cars,” Dörlemann said. “Meanwhile, we have had a telephone conversation with the ACO and we are trying to set a date for a meeting to discuss things further.
“It is our aim that both organizations will find a way to co-operate, from which they both will benefit.”