- Rockingham Weekend Notebook
- VIDEO: Fichter’s Massive Accident in TC Race
- VIR Saturday Notebook
- TR3 Ferrari Takes Shock Win in Penalty-Affected SprintX Race 1
- Jamin Dominates GTS Race 1 at VIR
- Skeen Storms to SprintX Pole at VIR
- Adam, Johnston Lead TF Sport 1-2 in Rockingham Qualifying
- Courtney Edges Out Jamin for GTS Pole
- AJR Co-Founder Holly Job Passes Away
- Davison Lands Last-Minute Drive in DIME Lamborghini
DragonSpeed Enters Gulf 12 Hours
- Updated: November 1, 2013
DragonSpeed is the latest team to commit to December’s Gulf 12 Hours, having lodged an entry for the GT enduro at Yas Marina Circuit, which has seen a recent spike of interest.
The Florida-based squad will enter its Audi R8 LMS ultra for a to-be-announced set of drivers. While the car was last seen in Pirelli World Challenge competition, it had also contested this year’s 24 Hours of Dubai and Bathurst 12 Hour.
“Every mile we get under our belts will be useful for next year,” team principal Elton Julian told Sportscar365. “It’s a nice program we get to do in the winter to prepare for next year, so it keeps the guys employed and the team together, which has been a priority for me.”
With United Autosports withdrawing its two-car effort, Julian’s DragonSpeed outfit is currently the only team set to field an Audi for the race. They also fielded the lone R8 LMS ultra in Dubai earlier this year.
A total of 32 cars are now listed to compete in the third running of the Gulf 12 Hours, including the highly anticipated debut of Bentley’s new Continental GT3 car, along with more than 20 other GT3 machines.
The event, split up into two six-hour races, is scheduled for Dec. 13
ENTRY LIST: Click Here