- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
- Pizzitola Fastest in Free Practice at Sepang
- DAC Confirms Lamborghini TPNAEC Effort, Daytona Lineup
- YMR/M.Racing Switches to Norma M30 for LMP3 Campaign
- Clearwater Set for Multi-Class Entry in Blancpain GT Asia
- Freedom Autosport Confirms Three-Car Mazda MX-5 Effort
- Nunez: “I’m Excited to See What We Can Do With the New Platform”
- High Expectations for Green, New MIA McLaren GT4 Effort
- Mok Weng Sun: “The WEC is the Pinnacle of My Career”
United Autosports Enters Three Ligier JS P3s for Gulf 12H
- Updated: October 12, 2016
United Autosports has confirmed its intention to enter the Gulf 12 Hours on Dec. 16-17 with three Ligier JS P3 cars.
The UK-based squad has confirmed Richard Meins and Shaun Lynn as the first two drivers, with their co-driver soon to be announced. The driver lineup for their other two cars is also still to be confirmed.
The Gulf 12 Hours is one of the most prestigious endurance races in the world, where the 12-hour race is split into two six-hour events.
There is a total of 17 hours of track time during the race weekend, including four 75-minute practice sessions with three 15-minute qualifying sessions over the course of the weekend.
The event in 2016 marks the first time in the Gulf 12 Hours six-year history that LMP3 cars are eligible to race. They will race alongside GT3, GTX and Porsche Cup cars.
United Autosports has raced at the Gulf 12 Hours on two previous occasions, and in 2012 scored a podium with their Audi R8 LMS and drivers, Ryan Dalziel, Enzo Potolicchio and Alex Popow.
“Everyone at United Autosports loves the Gulf 12 Hours event,” said team owner/managing director Richard Dean.
“We have raced there twice before and have scored a podium so hopefully we can repeat that performance this year or go a few places better.
“It’s great that the organizers have added the LMP3 category – the cars will look spectacular round this circuit.
“We are thrilled to welcome Richard and Shaun to the team and will be announcing our other drivers in the coming months, but I already can’t wait to see how we get on.”