- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Dunlop BMW M6 GT3 Art Car Revealed
- Updated: February 21, 2017
Dunlop has revealed the winner of its art car livery design for the Walkenhorst Motorsport BMW M6 GT3, which will debut in next month’s VLN season-opener.
More than 77,000 designs were submitted or the contest, which was won by renowned artist Jean Pierre Kraemer with his “Crystal Flake” design.
“The chosen design is very impactful and will be very noticeable in the field,” Kraemer said.
“The design is modeled on the past two years with a lot of shadow play and many individual polygonal figures that break up. Thus the viewer has the impression that the structure is not quite smooth and the design looks like a crystal.”
The latest Dunlop art car follows previous designs including the JMW Motorsport Ferrari F458 Italia, which took part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2013, as well as previous designs on Aston Martins.