- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Falken Adds BMW M6 GT3 to VLN, N24 Program
- Updated: March 7, 2017
Team Falken will expand into a two-car program, having announced Tuesday a BMW M6 GT3 in addition to its existing Porsche 911 GT3 R, both of which will take on the VLN series and Nürburgring 24.
Longtime Falken driver Peter Dumbreck, who celebrates his tenth year with the tire manufacturer, will be joined by Alexandre Imperatori in the new BMW, with Marco Seefried and Stef Dusseldorp joining them for the 24-hour race.
The team’s Porsche, meanwhile, will be driven by Martin Ragginger plus Porsche factory drivers Joerg Bergmeister, Dirk Werner and Laurens Vanthoor.
It marks a unique strategy with two different GT3 cars being run by the same team.
“In tests, our tires have already demonstrated their superb performance on both vehicles. Now we’re adding the element of competition by fielding the two cars in motorsports events, and look forward to exciting clashes between Porsche and BMW – both fitted with virtually identical Falken tires,” said Stephan Cimbal, Head of Marketing at Falken Tyre Europe.
The Schnabl Engineering-run team ran the BMW in an end-of-year evaluation in VLN9, scoring an eighth place overall finish with Imperatori and Phillip Eng.
“Team Falken tested the car itself in the VLN Endurance Championship at the end of last year, which proved positive,” BMW Motorsport director Jens Marquardt said. “We hope that we can celebrate success together this season in the ‘Green Hell’.”