- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Rinaldi Commits to VLN, N24 With Ferrari 488 GT3
- Updated: March 6, 2017
Rinaldi Racing will make its return to VLN competition, having confirmed Monday a Ferrari 488 GT3 for the championship, as well as the Nürburgring 24, marking the first full-season Prancing Horse entry in recent memory.
The Blancpain GT Series regulars will run under the Wochenspiegel Team Monschau banner, with drivers Georg Weiss, Oliver Kainz and Jochen Krumbach. Mike Stursberg will complete the lineup for selected races.
Rinaldi took part in VLN8 last year, which led to the German squad finalizing plans for a full-season campaign.
“VLN 8 was a very good test for everybody,” said team boos Michele Rinaldi. “There the drivers adapted themselves to the car very well and managed the car at the first attempt.
“Therefore that they have never been behind the steering wheel of the Ferrari 488 GT3, it was a successful result for the whole team.”
The team plans to contest Creventic’s Hankook 24H of Portimao in August, with a Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport also entered for the VLN season.
“We are very pleased to work together with the Wochenspiegel Team Monschau,” Rinaldi added. “It will be a challenge for everybody.
“The driver lineup around Georg Weiss is promising and we will see where we will be ranked in the new Pro-Am class. Many thanks to Georg to trust in Ferrari and in Rinaldi Racing for the 2017 VLN season.”