- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
30 Cars on Blancpain GT Asia Entry List
- Updated: April 5, 2017
Thirty cars will make up the grid for the first round of the Blancpain GT Series Asia at Sepang this weekend, including 24 GT3 entries.
ENTRY LIST: Sepang
The most popular GT3 car in the field is the Audi R8 LMS, with seven on the grid, run by Phoenix Racing Asia, Team WRT Asia, Milestone Racing, KCMG and OD Racing Team.
There are four cars apiece representing Lamborghini and Ferrari, as FFF Racing Team by ACM enters a pair of Lamborghini Huracan GT3s and Spirit of Race field two Ferrari 488 GT3s to lead their respective brands’ entries.
X-ONE Racing Team and Vincenzo Sospiri Racing will also enter a Lamborghini each, while T2 Motorsport and BBT round out the Ferrari entries.
Craft-Bamboo Racing is set to field a pair of Porsche 911 GT3 Rs, while Arrows Racing adds a third example to the grid.
There are two cars each for BMW and Mercedes-AMG, as FIST – Team AAI brings a pair of BMW M6 GT3s and GruppeM fields two Mercedes-AMG GT3s.
Finally, CMRT Eurasia has confirmed an Aston Martin Vantage GT3 while Clearwater Racing will enter a McLaren 650S GT3.
The GT3 class will be split into Pro-Am, Am, and Silver entries in a similar format to the British GT Championship.
The series has attracted its fair share of Gold and Platinum-rated drivers in the Pro-Am cars, including Will Stevens, Rob Bell, Ho-Pin Tung and Rui Aguas.
The grid will be completed by six Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MRs.
Five will run in the GT4 class with Am-rated drivers, while a Pro-Am (Silver and Bronze) lineup will be run by EKS Motorsports in the Invitational class.
Track action will get underway on Friday, April 7 with Free Practice, while there will be one 60-minute race on both Saturday and Sunday.