- GAINSCO/BSR Readies for PWC Season
- PHOTOS: Sebring Test Gallery
- Sebring Friday Notebook
- Taylor Ends Sebring Test On Top
- Montoya: “Time Will Tell” On Sports Car Future
- Wendl Named New Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Boss
- VIDEO: Michelin GTLM Track to Street Showdown
- Porsche Completes First Test With 2017-Spec 919 Hybrid
- P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Sebring Thursday Notebook
2017 Blancpain GT Asia Schedule Released
- Updated: October 19, 2016
SRO Motorsports Group has confirmed the calendar for the inaugural Blancpain GT Series Asia, which will feature six rounds over 12 races next year.
Announced in July, the new sprint race championship utilizes GT3 and GT4-spec machinery on two one-hour races on each weekend. It follows the same sporting regulations that are used in the British GT Championship.
The season will kick off at Sepang in April before making trips to Buriram, Suzuka, Fuji, Shanghai before closing out at the all-new Zhejiang Circuit, also in China.
The new-for-2017 championship will award $300,000 in prize money, with $50,000 available at each round, split between the two classes.
Blancpain GT Asia is expected to go in direct competition with the established GT Asia series, which features a similar format.
2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia Schedule:
April 8-9 – Sepang (Malaysia)
May 20-21 – Chang (Thailand)
June 24-25 – Suzuka (Japan)
Aug. 19-20 – Fuji (Japan)
Sept. 23-24 – Shanghai (China)
Oct. 21-22 – Zheijang (China)