- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
AKKA ASP Sets Pace in Pre-Season Test at Paul Ricard
- Updated: March 14, 2017
AKKA ASP set the fastest lap time of the Blancpain GT Series pre-season test at Circuit Paul Ricard, at the end of the second and final day of the event.
Lap times improved all day long under clear skies at the French circuit, with the No. 89 Mercedes-AMG GT3 setting a time of 1:56.558 in the afternoon session courtesy of Alex Fontana.
The No. 89 AKKA car was driven by Fontana, Daniele Perfetti and Ludovic Badey, and is set to run in the Pro-Am subclass come the season-opener at Misano next month.
The time was 0.062 seconds quicker than the Orange 1 Team Lazarus-run Lamborghini Huracan GT3 which set the pace in the morning session, driven by Fabrizio Crestini and Gustavo Yacaman.
Eighteen cars were within one second of each other at the end of the morning session, while 12 were within the same margin during the afternoon.
Both sessions saw cars go faster than Monday’s pace, which was a time of 1:56.789, set by Filip Salaquarda in the No. 75 ISR Audi R8 LMS.