- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
- Autometrics Commits to Full SprintX Season in GT Cup
- Vaxiviere Replaces Berthon at Panis Barthez for Monza
- Henzler to Join Porsche at COTA Ahead of Bruni Arrival
- VIDEO: Monza Race Highlights
- Norma Fastest in Le Mans Cup Test at Portimao
- Grasser Lamborghini Dominates at Monza
- Phoenix Audi Wins N24 Qualifying Race
Barwell Quickest in Free Practice at Oulton Park
- Updated: April 15, 2017
Barwell Motorsport set the quickest lap time in Saturday’s two Free Practice sessions for the British GT Championship season-opener at Oulton Park.
Phil Keen posted a 1:34.291 around the Cheshire circuit in the second session, putting the No. 33 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 top ahead of qualifying.
Team Parker Racing’s Seb Morris is the second-fastest driver of the weekend so far, with the No. 31 Bentley Continental GT3 setting a time 0.130 seconds down on the Lamborghini.
Black Bull Garage 59 led the way in GT4 with a time of 1:43.351 set by Sandy Mitchell in the No. 100 McLaren 570S GT4.
This put him just one tenth clear of Century Motorsport and Mike Simpson who set a flying lap late in the second session in the No. 111 Ginetta.
This morning’s first session was cut short after just 24 minutes following an incident between the two Ginetta G55 GT4s of Stephen Fresle and Mike Newbould.
Both drivers have been taken to the local hospital as a precautionary measure.
Qualifying has been postponed by a delay earlier in the day, although is expected to get underway at 4:30 p.m. local time.