- Buhk, Baumann in Separate HTP Mercedes-AMGs for Sprint Cup
- Monza Monday Notebook
- PHOTOS: Monza Monday Gallery
- Di Grassi, Molina Linked to AF Corse Drives
- Chapman Replaces Fuller in RCIB Ginetta
- Malvern, Jones Return to British GT with Updated GT4 Porsche
- Marcelli Confirmed at R. Ferri for SprintX Rounds
- TDS Reveals Oreca WEC Livery
- Freddie Hunt Moves to GT4 European Series with Brookspeed
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid Breaks Cover
Vanthoor, Estre, Bamber in Factory Supported Porsche for Bathurst 12H
- Updated: January 12, 2017
Porsche factory drivers Laurens Vanthoor, Kevin Estre and Earl Bamber will team up in a factory-supported Porsche 911 GT3 R in next month’s Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour, the German manufacturer confirmed on Thursday.
The three works pilots will be at the wheel of a Walkinshaw GT3-entered Porsche in the new-for-2017 Pro class in the Australian enduro.
The driver lineup for Walkinshaw’s second expected Pro class entry has yet to be announced.
Porsche will have a heavy presence in this year’s race, with 2016 FIA World Endurance Champion and Le Mans winner Marc Lieb, as well as Patrick Long, joining David Calvert-Jones in a Competition Motorsports-entered car in the Pro-Am class.
The German manufacturer has yet to declare if it has entered the Intercontinental GT Challenge, after having evaluated a manufacturer entry in order to gain Pro Cup entries for the Total 24 Hours of Spa.