- Be Motorsport Confirms Ligier for Le Mans Cup
- Potter: “I Find Myself Reinvigorated for 2017”
- 2017 WEC Silly Season Update 2: GTE-Pro & GTE-Am
- Morgan, Baldwin Join PWC in Class Manager Roles
- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 1
- Bathurst 12H Grid Nearly Finalized
- 55 Entries for Rolex 24 at Daytona
- Novak Named New CTSC Race Director
- Turner Commits to Daytona; Confirms Rolex 24 Lineup
- Phoenix Confirms Audis for Blancpain GT Asia
Vanthoor, Estre, Bamber in Factory Supported Porsche for Bathurst 12H
- Updated: January 12, 2017
Porsche factory drivers Laurens Vanthoor, Kevin Estre and Earl Bamber will team up in a factory-supported Porsche 911 GT3 R in next month’s Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour, the German manufacturer confirmed on Thursday.
The three works pilots will be at the wheel of a Walkinshaw GT3-entered Porsche in the new-for-2017 Pro class in the Australian enduro.
The driver lineup for Walkinshaw’s second expected Pro class entry has yet to be announced.
Porsche will have a heavy presence in this year’s race, with 2016 FIA World Endurance Champion and Le Mans winner Marc Lieb, as well as Patrick Long, joining David Calvert-Jones in a Competition Motorsports-entered car in the Pro-Am class.
The German manufacturer has yet to declare if it has entered the Intercontinental GT Challenge, after having evaluated a manufacturer entry in order to gain Pro Cup entries for the Total 24 Hours of Spa.