- Zanardi: “I Want to Find Situations where I Can Be More Competitive”
- Dalziel: “2015 is Different Because WEC is the Priority”
- Ex-Factory Dodge Viper GTS-Rs Possible for ELMS in 2015
- Motionsport Returns to Bathurst 12H with Aston Martin
- Thiriet by TDS Puts Ligier JS P2 Nissan Up for Sale
- Inside SpeedSource: Facility
- PHOTOS: SpeedSource Facility
- Walmsley (Strakka): “We’re Confident with Development Status of Car”
- Riley Moving Forward with Viper GTD Program
- Bueno (BMW Team Brasil): “We Want to Fight for Victory in 2015”
Drissi to Drive TRG Aston Martin GT3 at Long Beach
- Updated: April 9, 2014
TRG-AMR North America has announced that Tomy Drissi will pilot “The Amazing Spiderman 2″ liveried Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 at this week’s Grand Prix of Long Beach round of the Pirelli World Challenge in GT class. The race is scheduled for Sunday, April 13 at 4:30 p.m. PDT.
“We are really excited to have Tomy Drissi bringing one of our TRG-AMR Aston Martin V-12 GT3s to the grid at Long Beach,” said TRG-AMR CEO Kevin Buckler. “Tomy has a rich history there and many successes in powerful GT cars in Trans-Am, IMSA and World Challenge.
“This fantastic livery brings the perfect panache to Long Beach with this incredible Spiderman 2 car. It looks awesome and we know this is a car that can win at Long Beach.”
Drissi, who resides in the Los Angeles area, will partner with Sony Pictures’ “The Amazing Spiderman 2″ movie to promote the release on May 2 to movie theaters around the United States. The dramatically liveried Aston Martin GT3 will hit the track on Friday through the streets of Long Beach for this annual Southern California rite of spring.
Drissi, a former Grand Prix of Long Beach winner in the Trans-Am series in 2000, recently tested the potent Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3.
“The TRG-AMR-prepared V12 Vantage GT3 car was really strong at the test at Sonoma Raceway,” he said. “Long Beach is a special kind of race and the street course is challenging to the best of drivers.
“I feel the Aston Martin has potential to be at the front of the ultra-competitive GT class field, and with my many years experience competing here I’m optimistic for a good result in front of my hometown fans.
“Teaming up with Kevin Buckler and TRG-Aston Martin Racing North America is a perfect fit. TRG has really grown with this program and it’s the car and the team I want to be racing with here.”