- VIDEO: Lexus Road to Daytona: Episode 2
- Pizzitola Outpaces Tung to Sepang Pole
- Pizzitola Fastest in Free Practice at Sepang
- DAC Confirms Lamborghini TPNAEC Effort, Daytona Lineup
- YMR/M.Racing Switches to Norma M30 for LMP3 Campaign
- Clearwater Set for Multi-Class Entry in Blancpain GT Asia
- Freedom Autosport Confirms Three-Car Mazda MX-5 Effort
- Nunez: “I’m Excited to See What We Can Do With the New Platform”
- High Expectations for Green, New MIA McLaren GT4 Effort
- Mok Weng Sun: “The WEC is the Pinnacle of My Career”
DXDT Confirms Two-Car Mercedes-AMG GT3 PWC Effort
- Updated: January 9, 2017
DXDT Racing has announced that it will enter this year’s Pirelli World Challenge with a pair of Mercedes-AMG GT3 cars, for a full SprintX and partial Sprint season.
The Utah-based team, which took part in the final two SprintX rounds in 2016, will make the switch to Mercedes-AMG, after previously fielding an Audi R8 LMS ultra and two Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo cars.
Driver lineups for both cars have yet to be announced, although it’s understood one will likely feature in the Pro class.
In addition to the SprintX rounds at Virginia International Raceway, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Lime Rock Park, Utah Motorsports Campus and Circuit of The Americas, DXDT will also contest the Sprint races at Road America, Mid-Ohio and Sonoma Raceway.
The team joins CRP Racing with Mercedes-AMG machinery in PWC, with Black Swan Racing also tipped to switch to the German manufacturer for 2017.
DXDT recently confirmed a return to the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo North America Series, with at least four cars, including one for 2016 IMSA Prototype Lites runner-up Austin Versteeg.