- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
- Porsche Confirms Factory Driver Lineup for N24
DXDT Confirms Two-Car Mercedes-AMG GT3 PWC Effort
- Updated: January 9, 2017
DXDT Racing has announced that it will enter this year’s Pirelli World Challenge with a pair of Mercedes-AMG GT3 cars, for a full SprintX and partial Sprint season.
The Utah-based team, which took part in the final two SprintX rounds in 2016, will make the switch to Mercedes-AMG, after previously fielding an Audi R8 LMS ultra and two Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo cars.
Driver lineups for both cars have yet to be announced, although it’s understood one will likely feature in the Pro class.
In addition to the SprintX rounds at Virginia International Raceway, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Lime Rock Park, Utah Motorsports Campus and Circuit of The Americas, DXDT will also contest the Sprint races at Road America, Mid-Ohio and Sonoma Raceway.
The team joins CRP Racing with Mercedes-AMG machinery in PWC, with Black Swan Racing also tipped to switch to the German manufacturer for 2017.
DXDT recently confirmed a return to the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo North America Series, with at least four cars, including one for 2016 IMSA Prototype Lites runner-up Austin Versteeg.