Connect with us

IWSC

First Photos from Daytona as Teams Unload for Roar

View a selection of photos as IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship teams unload at Daytona…

View the first photos from Daytona International Speedway, as IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship teams unload and prepare for this weekend’s Roar Before the Rolex 24. (Photos: John Dagys)

The latest news, photos and video features from the trusted Sportscar365 web staff.

9 Comments

9 Comments

1. DB

January 4, 2018 at 4:32 pm

Have to say, the gainsco looks mint

2. I sort of like race cars

January 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm

I Love RACE CARS!

3. Chris

January 4, 2018 at 4:59 pm

I’m not sure how the Acura DPI is considered to have styling cues from any Acura out there. The Mazda and caddy do the best job. This Acura just looks like the P2 with a front “wing” on the nose. Thought the styling cues would come from the NSX. Seems lazy that IMSA accepted it as it looks.

• David Chaste

January 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Lazy from Oreca to draw it that way, but to get Penske in, IMSA had to say yes.

With Penske in, it’s drawing other competitors.

• Issac

January 4, 2018 at 11:11 pm

The “Cadillac” is barely changed from standard Dallara, GM choose the car with the most straight lines to begin with and changed the headlights. The “Nissan” is a Ligier with a panel on the nose. IMSA rejected ESMs first design and given what they accepted it’s I really want to see that first design. Acura copied ESM.

This class has been a testament to how little can they get away with changing and call it theirs. Mazda are the only ones who did it correctly.

4. Denz

January 4, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Dat 99 is fire!!

5. Overtake24

January 4, 2018 at 11:08 pm

Looks like the 5 Cadillac has changed up its livery a bit. Looks nice in grey.

6. Overtake24

January 4, 2018 at 11:18 pm

I’m really hoping Corvette Racing changes up the livery this year. I doubt it though. The livery they’ve used the last 4 years has became quite bland I think. I liked it when they would change it up every year from 09-13.

• Louis

January 5, 2018 at 7:54 am

Not a Corvette fan but I have to agree, they came out with some awesome liveries on those cars.