- GAINSCO/BSR Readies for PWC Season
- PHOTOS: Sebring Test Gallery
- Sebring Friday Notebook
- Taylor Ends Sebring Test On Top
- Montoya: “Time Will Tell” On Sports Car Future
- Wendl Named New Mercedes-AMG Motorsport Customer Racing Boss
- VIDEO: Michelin GTLM Track to Street Showdown
- Porsche Completes First Test With 2017-Spec 919 Hybrid
- P1 Motorsports Confirms Ligier JS P3 for Perez
- Sebring Thursday Notebook
Continental Tire IMSA Spotlight: Katherine Legge
- Updated: November 9, 2016
IMSA Spotlight: Katherine Legge
Driver: Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
How excited are you to start your new chapter with Acura and Michael Shank Racing?
“I honestly could not be more excited. It is a fantastic opportunity for me to work with Mike and his team again. The team is top notch and the support given to us by HPD and Acura has been fantastic.
“I can’t wait to develop the car into a race winning machine alongside my teammates.”
Have you driven any GT cars in the past? How do you think you will adapt?
“I tested a Porsche for Flying Lizard a few years back, but that’s the extent of my GT experience!
“I have driven many types of cars though, and so I am hoping I will adapt quickly. I raced for Audi in DTM for three years too – which I am hoping translates similarity wise.”
What does the testing program look like in the build up to the car’s race debut in Daytona?
“We will be at Daytona for the two official tests, one in November and one in December and then of course the Roar Before the 24.”
Where do you see the toughest competition coming from in GTD next year?
“I think GTD will be very competitive in 2017. There are more manufacturers in GTD than any other class. I don’t think we will know who has the strongest package until Daytona.”
Do you have any particular race still on your bucket list that you’d like to drive in one day?
“I am desperate to do Indy again in a competitive car. Also Le Mans and Bathurst are on my bucket list!”