- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Hirakawa, Rojas Named G-Drive ELMS Drivers
- Updated: February 9, 2017
Ryo Hirakawa and Memo Rojas have been confirmed at G-Drive Racing in the team’s European Le Mans Series title defense.
The Super GT standout, and Toyota Young Driver Program member, will join the four-time Grand-Am champion at the wheel of an Oreca 07 Gibson, operated this year by DragonSpeed.
The team’s third, Silver-rated driver has yet to be announced.
Hirakawa is coming off his first season in prototype racing, having finished 2nd in the ELMS championship with Thiriet by TDS Racing, while Rojas competed with Greaves Motorsport, which has taken a year off from racing in 2017.
“It’s an honor to lead the TDP initiative in prototype racing,” Hirakawa said. “I really enjoyed my first season of ELMS; it was great to win races and challenge for the title, and I hope to do the same in 2017.
“I’ve been training hard over the winter to prepare for this season and can’t wait get started.”
Rojas added: “I believe racing the ORECA chassis alongside Ryo will allow us to fight for wins and the ELMS championship this season.”