- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Ram Racing Enters Le Mans Cup with Mercedes-AMG GT3
- Updated: March 2, 2017
Ram Racing has entered a Mercedes-AMG GT3 in the Michelin Le Mans Cup, marking the British squad’s return to the ACO paddock since its short-lived venture into the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2014.
The 2013 European Le Mans Series GTE champions will enter a single Mercedes-AMG GT3 for Tom Onslow-Cole and Dutch driver Remon Vos.
“We have great memories of the ELMS paddock and it’s good to be back,” team principal Dan Shufflebottom said.
“Since leaving the paddock we have had some incredible endurance racing results including a 24 Hours of Paul Ricard win, which should stand us in good stead for the Le Castellet round.
“After some testing, we are feeling confident about this season in the Michelin Le Mans Cup.
“Although there is some good competition driver-wise, we are a race-winning team that understands the importance of preparation, our crew prides itself on being meticulous. We also have a driver pairing that we think will challenge for race wins.”
The team will take part in this month’s Hankook 12 Hours of Italy – Mugello 24H Series race in preparation for the Le Mans Cup season, with Onslow-Cole and Vos being joined by Kevin Veltman for the effort.